Thursday, October 31, 2013

Salt Dough Ornaments


Marks Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends Blog has been having a 12 Days of Christmas project blog hop. I'm day 10 so if you haven't seen it go on over and take a look at all the tutorials and projects you may have missed. I stamped on Salt Dough Ornaments. 



Here's the tutorial:

Stamping on Salt Dough Ornaments

Supplies needed:
1c. flour
1/2c salt
1/2c warm water
stamps
ink

Mix your 3 ingredients together. You can use a mixer or work by hand. I mixed mine with the mixer and then finished with my hands. You want the dough to be smooth. Roll it out.



Stamp your images with the black ink. I used Versafine.
 No need to push down into the dough. Just lightly stamp.

  
Now cut out. You can use cookie cutters or as I used a glass.  I used a straw to cut my holes for hanging. These 2 I am going to bake in the oven at 200 degrees. It will take from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on the thickness of your dough. When they are hard they are done.  They will puff up a little.  Cool and color if you like. I used Tombow markers and sponged the edges with ink. Then I sealed them with a Krylon Spray Sealer



This one I’m going to air dry and
takes a few days. I wanted to see the difference. It remained flat.
  

No comments: