Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SSSD Aug. Different Kind of Card/Dahlia Fold

This month I'm going to show you how to do the Dahlia Fold and I'm going to show you what I did with it. You do not need to do the same thing. Make whatever you want with your folded pieces.  You will need double sided designer paper or you can use a thin card stock and a circle punch. I used a 1 3/8" SU punch.


            I made a flower with my folds so I needed nine punched circles and green ones for leaves. .

                        For the base of the flower I took one of the circles and folded it in half.
         
                                           Then folded it in hlaf again. Open it up and set aside.

Now for the Dahlia fold. Take one of your circles and fold it in half but only crease the bottom half.  The top half is the top of the flower petal.

                                                                Fold it in half again

Open it up and fold the rounded part of the bottom half on both sides in a small amount between the crease marks.

Turn it over so folds are on the bottom. Fold the sides in one at a time matching the center crease. This one shows only one side folded in.

Here is a finished one.

                To make the flower arrange 2 petals in each quarter section of your base you made first.

                                                             Here is a finished flower.

      The green circles are punched with a 1" punch. Fold the same as you did with the petals.

                  You can make a flower bud with just one petal and one green circle.

                                              You can make a double bud with 2 petals.

Here is my finished card. I added a button to the center of my flower and waxed thread for my stems.
                                                      Can't wait to see what you make.

1 comment:

Adam Li said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.