Sunday, April 1, 2012

SSSD-April - A Different kind of card- The Center Step

This one ladies will take a little thought so I urge you to use practice paper first until you get the cuts. Here we go.

                               You will need a 5 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and a method of cutting.


The first measurement you need to figure out is where 1" is. In my case where was 1" under the ruler on the other side of my blade.


Next you need to find the where your blade is and there should be a mark on the side. I put black marker on mine so I could see it better. Line that mark up with 1" and cut from there to the 6 1/2" mark. Flip it over and do the same thing on the other side.

Here is what you should have when both sides are cut. The 2 end pieces will be your side steps. when we are finished.

                              If you have a scor-pal this is how it should be placed on your pal.

     Score 1", 2" and 6 1/2" from the edge to the cut line. Turn it over and do the same thing.

                                               Now score between the cut lines at 5 1/2"


                 Fold them as all mountain folds except the 2" score line. That is a valley fold.


                   Fold flat. This is how it should look. Use your tool to make the folds crisp.


       This is how it will look standing up. Now the fun begins. Decorate it anyway you wish.




4 comments:

Tammylee said...

Great tutorial! WIl be trying this one out!

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
What a wonderful tutorial and beautiful card. I especially love the color of the DP.

Donna Ellis said...

Pat, I still have not created a center or side step card. For some reason I have a mental block! I need to come to your teaching room and learn! Thanks for sharing the tutorial and great card!

Unknown said...

Don't you just love making these cards Pat? Yours turned out beautifully! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Ira xox