Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Don't forget the sand

Make a beach scene and include sand. No problem with that. Went outside and picked some up. That was easy. I can do this Stampin Bs challenge.  Now for the scene. I used a stamp from Flourishes, colored it with copics and filled the sand area in with... well with sand. The background is made with a Spellbinders Impressabilities. I dragged my Versa Mark across it and used a blue PearlX over the Versa Mark. Gave it just a little bit of a sheen and hilighted a few of the sea shells. I followed the Sketch at GAB and used Cuttlebug die cuts for my embellishments.

4 comments:

Kathy D. said...

Hey cute card! love that you could just walk outside to get some sand!!
I see you in a couple challenges I play in and I can't remember if you have played with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
If not you should check it out! Great prizes and a lot of inspiration.

Just Me said...

Very cute card. The sand looks great, and the sand dollar looks real. Very nice scene. Thanks for joining GAB challenge this week

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your beach scene card. Especially like the way the starfish, sand dollar, sea horse & shell look & are so 3D & real looking.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Ashley Nicole said...

This is a beautiful beach card. I just love the summer. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
Ashley(Nikki)