Thursday, June 30, 2011

A day late and a dollar short

I started 2 challenges at the beginning of the week only to find out I missed the cut off date by a day. How did that happen??? I'm on vacation!!!Doing vacation things yet still getting some stamping in but I missed the cut off. Oh well. I managed to save the first card and make it work. The Challenge at the Stampin Bs last week was to use a Friendship sentiment but this week it was to use 2 die cuts and paper piercing. So I took my image I had colored and my sentiment I had stamped and re-worked the card by adding piercing. Here it is.
I just went to post my picture and found out I wasn't late after all. The new challenge was posted before the old challenge was totally closed so I have entered it for both.
I used circle die cuts and flower die cuts and a flourish die cut. I added piercing to my sentiment and around the green circle backing my image. The torn paper strip is for the GAB Challenge. Glad I didn't miss that dead line. Now I just have to rework my card for the other challenge. Here is also a snowman card I tried this week. I think he is so cute. I am showing it closed and opened.

4 comments:

Ashley Nicole said...

Very pretty card and I love the snowmen. Thanks for joining us at GAB Challenges.
Nikki

Just Me said...

I love your card Pat. A great sentiment.
The snowmen are cute, I specially like the "flat" one.
Thanks for joining the GAB challenge this week.

Just Me said...

Guess I should have read the last sentence. However, I think the closed snowman would make a very cute image on a card. I looked at him and thought he had melted. Make for a cute spring card?

pam124 said...

This is adorable and I like how you incorporated 2 weeks' StampinB challenges in 1. Thanks for playing and hope you come back next week!!