Sunday, December 5, 2010

Glad this week is over

What a week since Thanksgiving Day. I started out that morning getting up to start the turkey only to break my toes. So hobbled through the day and I must say it was a wonderful day. Then came Friday and Saturday and I have to cram my broken toes into a shoe. Needless to say when I got home those evenings I went to bed. Sunday I sat down and addressed all my envelopes for the Christmas cards. And when I ran out of cards I still had envelopes. I don't know how that happened. I had such a huge pile. So since then I have had no time for card making or my beloved challenges. My husband has had truck problems and we have been running back and forth to a nearby town to a transmission shop dropping it off. Picking it up. Dropping it off because it still doesn't work and then picking it up again. One good thing out of all that I did not cook at all. We had several nice meals out. Then Thursday I took my mom shopping and came home to start more cards. I decided I needed to have some help with these cards since I will finally be starting my training for the new job starting on Monday.  So I went through my box which is what I slide everything that was on my desk into so my desk is always clean when I'm not home. Found some images and pieces. Then went through my image box. Found a number already colored in there. Next went through the paper bin and found all the scraps of Christmas paper I had left. And lastly I went through my stash of backgrounds in search of something usable in there.  With all that I sat down and started matching things up and slowly started putting cards together. These are totally different than all the others. I brought out all the stuff I never use. My dimensionals, Glossy Accents and ribbon. Oh what fun I had. The snowman card is actually paper I bought 4 years ago. I just added glitter to the scene. He is so cute. Don't know why I didn't use him before this. Well I have a few hours today to put a couple more together and then I start my challenges.

3 comments:

.adri. said...

these are all soooo pretty!

-Adri
www.macheriecreations.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing Pat
It is surprising what you can do with your stash ..Great cards and sounds like it was so enjoyable Hope the toes are better

Lis

Anonymous said...

Amazing Pat
It is surprising what you can do with your stash ..Great cards and sounds like it was so enjoyable Hope the toes are better

Lis