Saturday, September 18, 2010

Let's Ink It Up Challenge #3


It's time to get out your favorite stamp and use it. But there is a twist to this challenge. You must use a charm along with that favorite stamp. No digis. There is a great prize from
Carolines Rubber stamps for the winner.

Look at these stamps. They are so cool.

You have until Oct. 8 Sydney time, that would be Oct 7th for us in the USA, to enter your card at the Let's Ink it Up Blog. So get your card made and hurry on over and enter your card. Don't forget to check out all the projects the Design Team made while you are there. Here is my card.


I don't actually have a favorite stamp. I have favorite themes and Flowers and Fall top the list. Luckily I had some leave charms on hand. I started out with a background I found in my stash that I had made awhile ago by stamping my leaf with Versa Mark and then using a cottonball rubbed Pearl X over the leaves. They have a real shine to them not visible in the picture. The strip behind the image is another technique I had in my stash. It is done with a waxpaper and Cuttlebug folder resist, brayered with the orange ink and then over stamped with another leaf stamp in black.I then used markers to color in the leaves. It adds just a little color to them. The sunflower( Rubber Stampede) is water colored with markers. The Nestabilities scalloped square behind it has been punched in each scallop and I weaved a copper colored cord in and out of all the holes spacing my 3 leaf charms which I enameled with embossing powder.

Well the testing is over for now. Waiting to hear the results and will be getting back to having some stamping fun this week. I have missed all my challenges.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore sunflowers and yours in absolutely beautiful, love the maple leaf charms too, great touch. Cheers Suzanne

Dragonlady said...

Hi Pat

Beautiful creation, the charms are perfect. Hope you get the results quickly. Fingers crossed for you.

Hugs Ali x

Netty said...

Hi Pat, sorry I never realised you were ill. Do hope it all works out well.
I love your card it is so full of techniques and texture. Take care, Annette x

Pat said...

LOL Netty. I'm trying to get a Food Safety Certification so I can become a manager where I work. Waiting for the test results for that test. :O))

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Crossing my fingers for your results Pat!!! Your card is stunning!!!! Great techniques and colors too xox

Hugzzzz
Tammy