Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Stamping B's Callenge Thursday

This week we were to use a background stamp instead of Designer Paper or our Cuttlebugs. You can read about it here. I pulled out a stamp I must have bought a year ago from I Brake for Stamps. A brick wall background stamp. It has never been used and gave me a real hard time but I ended up with 2 cards I was pleased with. The first one is sort of a spotlight type design. I was determined to make a flowery vine thingy growing up the brick wall but everything I tried was not to my liking. The Spotlight finally did it for me. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch that I painted with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint.



The second one uses 2 background stamps. The brick and a crackle background and a few more I Brake for Stamps to form a collage. The bricks were sponged with Distressed Red Brick and a sponge applicator.

3 comments:

Benzi said...

Ooh, I love both your cards. Good job with the crackle paint on your butterfly and I love your background stamp. The second card is awesome with the crackle and brick wall. Good job on the Stampin B challenge and glad you joined us again.

Pat said...

Thanks Benzi. I was really Challenged this week. I think my favorite is the second card also.

I Brake For Stamps said...

Those are just gorgeous!
Della