Sunday, July 25, 2010

2 great challenges

I have been following link after link after link looking for some inspiration. Been up since 4 AM so got in lots of reading before church. Came across 2 blogs with challenges and since one was a color challenge and one was a sketch challenge I decided to use both ideas on one card. The COLOR Challenge you will find at The Play Date Cafe
We were to use this picture and colors for our inspiration. Not my usual colors so this was a big challenge.



Next came the SKETCH challenge found at Pals Paper Arts.



And here is my card



This was fun and I intend to keep up with these challenge blogs every week. It's always helpful to be told what colors to get out or given a theme to work with or even given the layout when the mind just can't figure out what to do.

13 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh wow the stamp is so vintage and great combination of two challenge....adorable colors on your card too...Love this!!I just joining the PDCC too would you mind to see my blog? my card is number 63...thanks very much before, hugs, Monika

Evelyn S. said...

I fell in love with this stamp the first time I laid eyes on it....and it's so wonderful to see it used in a variety of ways and colors. This is an elegant card!

Pat said...

Thank you Evelyn.

Pat said...

Thanks Monika I will check out your blog.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card with wonderful colors! Thanks for joinig us at PPA!

Suzi B said...

What a gorgeous card!

Sarah Anderson said...

We'd love to see you play with us regularly Monika, glad you found us :) I love your image choice; I love dragonflies and this one is fab. Thanks for choosing to play along with us in the play date cafe :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

We love that you play with us!! This is a great card-you did a great job at combining both challenges! Love the dragonflies!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful image and lovely paper. Lovely card! Glad you decided to join us at the PDCC.

Vivi Casale said...

Pat, great combination on the color & sketch challenges!
You card is wonderful! the image is so pretty !!
well done and good luck!
cheers
Vivi

Ruby said...

Very pretty! Great image and design of card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Cath Wilson said...

That's such a pretty card and the colours work so well with the images.