Monday, January 25, 2010

Do you ever need inspiration?

I have put away the snowmen including all of the winter decorations around my house. It is time for summer. I'm feeling beachy but needed some ideas..
In case you do not know this you can find lots of inspiration over at splitcoaststampers.com. Click on Resources and find projects and techniques to keep you busy for weeks. Click on gallery and be inspired. They have personal photo albums and they also have albums by stamp company. That is where I went last night. I have this stamp set called Beach Life I bought online at Flourishes. I found several ideas I liked and here is what I came up with. The card I copied had three panels on it. I decided to go with one. I also was able to use a few of those cut outs I am trying to make use of.

I have several other cards I am casing using this same stamp but that will have to be for another day. This next card uses the very first background I ever made. I tried the shaving cream technique about 5 years ago. It was time to use it don't you think?! The sea shells and sea horses are all punched out of other technique backgrounds. And the saying is from the Beach Life set.

I found this background in my basket. I made it about 6 months ago when I was teaching this technique. I added the sailboat medallion I cut out of one of my Spellbinder dies. Colored it with chalks and edged in gold.

That's all for tonight. I hope to be inspired again tomorrow.

No comments: