Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's time for the BEACH!

First I need to get some business out of the way. Here is my Mojo Monday sketch card. I went right for my new Flourishes rose stamp. This is quickly turning into my favorite stamp. I stamped it on water color paper. Took Copic # R 29 and colored all the shadows on the image. Then took # R 27 and blended out a bit from the first color. Then took # R 17 and filled in the whole image coloring over the other 2 colors. The leaves I just stroked all the veins with a dark olive green and filled in the whole image with a lighter green.




Now I have been feeling real beachy. LOVE!! my Cuttlebug and Spellbinder Beach sea shell and sea horse dies. Can't get to the beach myself right now to pick up shells so I have been using my background stash and punching them out with my Cuttlebug. Have a huge stack. So lots of shells without all the sand mess everywhere. The first card was made with a background called Frog in a Blender. What it is is the shaving cream tehnique only no shaving cream. Instead you use Future floor shine. You end up with a softer colored background. 3 different techniques on the shell, star fish and sea horse. And the shells at the top were stamped in Versa Mark and then chalked to blend into the background.



This next card started out being a collage that I was going to distress. It quickly went another direction. Again the sea shells on the side were stamped with Versa Mark and chalked. My sand castle and bucket are inked with daubers and distressed inks. The 3 sea creatures were cut from 3 different techniques. On both cards I used a mesh to hang everything from. Sort of a fish net type look. The beach images can be found at I Brake for Stamps.


And now before I have to leave for work I am hoping to get a few more Beach cards put together.

No comments: