Monday, June 8, 2009

A Cuttlebug Technique

Some of you will remember a technique that Kren showed us at a monthly get together. We ran a piece of cardstock through the Cuttlebug in a folder. Then we took our bone folders and smoothed it out. Well let me show you a faster way of doing this. First take a piece of cardstock place it in a folder and put through your machine.



Now take an ink pad and swipe it across the raised areas.



Now put it in a different folder and run it through your Cuttlebug. This will flatten the original pattern.


Now swipe a different color of ink pad across these raised areas and this is what you come up with.



Here's my card. The flower is an older Angel Co. Stamp that I cut out and attached to a Nestabilities oval.


And this card I made for the Creative Cuttlebug Sketch challenge for today. You make a card according to the sketch but something has to be Cuttlebugged. I used the flower border on each side of the card which I chalked. Added a strip of this technique in the center. The flowers are from SU. I spent the morning at the Oral Surgeons waiting on Robin to have 4 Wisdom teeth removed so I colored and cut out lots of flowers and leaves to pass the time. Added Stickles to the centers when we got home. The saying is part of an innie and an outie set from Firecracker designs by pamela. The inside of the card says "YOU!"

No comments: