Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So much rain

There has been so much rain the last 2 weeks. About 12 inches so far. I thought I'd show you what our girl goat thinks of all of it.

Yard has soaked it all in and the ponds that have been bone dry for almost 2 years are once again full. So that's a good thing.
Monday has come and gone and I am once again late to post my Monday Mojo Sketch. Have no real excuse to be late. I am still on a unexpected vacation so have plenty of time. I'm done tearing the house apart. Been making cards and trying out techniques just hadn't got motivated to do the sketch. But here it is.



Paper is from SU and the image in the circle is an Inkadinkado inchie that I surrounded with a tiny butterfly. The background behind the circle is an I Brake for Stamps background stamp. The technique is one I will be demoing this Saturday at Scrap & Stamp Art Studio. It is a pigment resist.

In getting ready for my demo I have been trying this technique on different colors of card stock. When I picked up this yellow paper and stamped it I really liked it without doing anything to it. Don't know why I don't do this more often. You should try it. Take white pigment ink and stamp on a piece of card stock either a plain piece or one that has been brayered with a rainbow pad. It's makes a nice background.


1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm lovin' all these cards Pat! That's a great technique that creates some awesome looking paper. I need to try that again. Thanks for the inspiration!