Sunday, October 12, 2008

I learned something yesterday

I was teaching my wax class yesterday and we were edging our waxed napkins with gold leaf pens. Well mine our old and the tips not too good. One was drying up. Well the ladies weren't thrilled with my pens and one of them said have you changed the tip? I said what????. I'm sure some of you know this but I have never heard it. She took my pen and pulled out the tip and turned it around and put it back in. Good as new.!! I had no idea. After our napkins they tried free form Encaustic Wax. They loved it. Their backgrounds were turning out really really nice. Here is mine.

It was an enjoyable class. We all had a great time and they were inspired to go home and try it some more. That's a good thing.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Pat, great tip on the gold Krylon pen. Also, I have never done encaustic wax. Does it crack if you bend it. That is parobably a dumb question, but none the less. A really beautiful card and I really love the butterfly too!

Pat said...

Well Shirley I don't know the answer to that but we're going to find out. I have a piece I did at the class and I'm going to fold it right now...........No it didn't crack. You can however see where it was folded. There is a white line.