Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tried a technique and made some cards

Today I had 2 goals. One was to try a Technique Junkie Technique called Varnished Floating pearls. And this morning in looking at a couple of blogs I came across a card shaped like a glass of lemonade so I wanted to try that out. The first card is the technique. It uses a brown lunch bag. The ATC I just received in a swap today. It was made by Sue Benner of The SSSD yahoo group. I thought the colors matched my background perfectly so I put it to use. Now the glasses of lemonade I am not at all sure about. The one on the right I used an adhesive sheet to attach the vellum. What a mess. The adhesive sheet stuck to me, the table and to the card. It was way too sticky. The other one I used Tombow Aqua Liquid glue. You can't see it except where it touched the yellow card stock. But it made the vellum and card stock curl up. You can at least tell I am using vellum though. It's not noticeable with the adhesive sheet. I think the one on the blog looks much better and she used SU glue stick to attach her vellum. You can find the directions at http://igotstamps.com and look under tutorials. It is a really cute card. Now tomorrow there will be no stamping. We have a morning and afternoon planned shopping in Mount Dora and then in the evening it is to the Florida Mall. Where the girls will be happily shopping.

No comments: