Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring break has been enjoyable.





Although I did work 2 days at my second job this week earning money for Stampfest in June I have had great fun stamping and trying more techniques. It's been restful and enjoyable. I'm posting a few of the cards I have made. The first one is the Faux Linen technique. I added the blue Cuttlebugged strip and played with my new Nestabilities to make the ovals. The roses are rolled after you stamp them and cut out. They are called Bloomers and are from Coronado Island Stamps. The second card uses a technique called Aged Tiles. The stamp is from Impression Obsession. This next card I had a little fun with. I made a flower from my scalloped Nestabilities circles. The stem, grass and ladybug are I believe are from Close to my Heart stamps. I may be wrong on that one. I used 2 techniques on this one. The center of the flower is a technique that uses Simple Green cleaner and the side strip is made using a mesh bag. Kind of looks like snake skin don't you think.? The last card is a 3x3 sized card. The flap uses velcro to stay closed. A little faux stitching, a Cuttlebugged piece of recycled elephant poo paper( Yes elephant poo ) a scalloped circle and a SU stamp finish it off. 3 more days to play. I have a number of things I want to work on. Going to alter a CD. Never have done that before. We'll see how that one turns out.

No comments: